For some purposes, it is important to export only feature data, such as cases where you are sending data off for further processing or research using another GIS.
Cartographica exports individual features in ESRI®'s Shapefile format.
Exporting an individual layer or selection
- Select the Layer that you want to export from the Layer Stack
- Do one of the following:
- Choose File > Export Layer Features
- Choose File > Export Selected Features (if you want to export just the selection).
- Optionally select the character set (UTF-8 will be the default.)
- Enter a file name and click Save.